SECURITY INFORMATION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT (SIEM)
Security information and event management (SIEM) is an approach to security management that seeks to provide a holistic view of an organization’s Information Technology (IT) security. It combines Security Information Management (SIM) and Security Event Management (SEM) to provide real-time analysis of security alerts generate by network hardware and applications.
To protect against cyber threats while staying compliant, organizations turns to SIEM solutions to DISCOVER, PROTECT, DETECT and CORRECT incidents within the network environment.
Benefits of SIEM :
- Gather, analyse and present information from network, applications and security devices
- Collect logs from systems, applications, network devices for retention requirements
- Take control of change using real-time integrity monitoring
- Achieve continuous compliance with IT security policies & best practices
- Prioritise & automate detected change management
- Turn historical data into actionable knowledge to uncover real threats